Monday, October 19, 2009

I rode Fred today for the first time since I think Wednesday last week. The weather was just awful, rainy and in the 40s for 4 or 5 days. I feel awful for everyone who came down for Fair Hill, either to ride or spectate, because it was disgusting outside.

The several days off and drop in temperature definitely had an effect on Fred today. He was awful. I had the hardest time getting him to pay any attention to me. He was tense and very spooky today and I hardly feel like I got anything accomplished.

I was able to get some decent moments but he was just very inconsistent today. By the end of the ride I was able to get some nice swingy stretchy trot with him snorting and lop-eared. I just ended with that and called it a day. I'm going to do my best to rush over to the barn after class tomorrow so I can flat him again and hopefully have a better ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment