Monday, September 21, 2009

I entered Radnor today, Novice. Freddy's first recognized event and my first since I went prelim on Cruz in 2006. I'm not nervous because it's only novice, but I have a lot to get done before then. I have to get my boots fixed and my jacket altered (it's like 4 sizes too big).

I rode today after work and Fred decided that he felt like being a chestnut. He was just not into it at all. He was just doing his typical Freddy nonsense that he does when he doesn't feel like working. He was spooking at nothing and being really tense and stiff. We did have some good moments where I got through to him but I basically had to ride him hardddd in order to keep his attention on me. Usually when he's good I only ride him for about 30 mins on the flat because I don't want him to get bored or sour. Today I think I was on him for a solid hour and he was working the entireee time. I got a pretty good workout too lol. I just could not relax for a second or else I would lose him. Since I don't have my truck I can't trailer out to trot hills or anything but maybe tomorrow I will talk him across the street and do some fitness work in the neighbor's field that they let us use. I can do jump position and just get him out of the ring and do something different. We have been doing a lot of flat work lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment