Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I got to the barn just in time yesterday! Right after I finished it started POURING. I decided to bring riding clothes with me in the morning and I changed at work and went straight to the barn from there. Kate was actually there when I got there and she dropped kind of a bomb on me. She said that she is going down to aiken early this year and will be moving all of her horses out in early december so I will have to probably leave by then. Ughh, I have the worst luck with boarding I swear! I have started looking for places to move and I found one place online that is similar in distance from my apt and in price so I think I will drop them a line and see if I can go by for a visit sometime soon. It looks like a nice place and it has an indoor but the thing that makes me apprehensive is that it looks like they teach a lot of little kids there which can always be annoying. Board there is only $25 mor a month than what I'm paying now and honestly since they have an indoor it's totally worth it I think. We shall see.

I had a decent ride yesterday. Fred was a little inattentive but the dark clouds were rolling in and it was getting windy and there were ::gasp:: pinecones scattered around the far end of the ring so there were a lot of distractions. I think I might want to try riding him with my spurs one of these days just to sort of wake him up and get him a little sharper off my leg. He is just so lazy and he is constantly trying to drop behind my leg. Especially in the downward transitions. His upward transitions are getting really good but we always lose it in the downward. I think it's mostly my problem. I tend to tip forward and probably use too much hand. I try really hard to think about it but it doesn't always work. I know that I know how to ride a proper downward transition because I did millions and millions of them on Wuf back when I was at Jane's but for whatever reason I can't replicate that feeling on Fred. It's gotten much better but it's still hit or miss. Sometimes he stays balanced and sometimes we sort of flail and fall into it and it's really ugly. I ended on a good note with him yesterday as we had a really nice trot to walk transition to the left (where he has been weaker lately). Right as I dismounted it started to drizzle and by the time I got in the barn it was POURING so lucky me that I got my ride in before that started!

No comments:

Post a Comment