Thursday, July 9, 2009

gridwork


I decided last night that I wanted to do grids with Freddy today so I moved the jumps around and set up a simple grid, x-18 feet-vertical-18 feet-oxer, going across the diagonal. He warmed up pretty well except for spooking violently at ::gasp:: the gate laying on its side! I took down the gate jump but didn't feel like moving it to the side so I just left the gate laying on the ground. He had a fit over it so I made him trot back and forth over it until he got over himself.

He went through the grid a few times with it set at about 2'6-2'9 then I put the back rail of the oxer up and had it set at about 3'. He did that well so I put it up to 3'3. When he breezed right through that I decided to be ambitious and put it up another hole. Mind you I have not jumped this high since I had Cruz. He went right through like it was nothing. He didn't even feel like he was trying! I wish someone had been there to take pictures but I am sure this is the first of many times he will jump a 3'6" fence. Still, I am very excited that he is finally becoming a "real horse" lol. The pic up top is what it looked like the last time I went through.


And here is the man enjoying the hay buffet outside of his stall. It's good to be Fred lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment