Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I trailered over to Jane's today to trot some hills. Fred was good, no major spooking fits lol. I guess he really is growing up :) We trotted twice up the big hill and I made sure to keep the rhythm the same and not just let him power up it. He was great, he stayed relaxed and stretched over his topline exactly the way I wanted. There were a few times where he wanted to blow through my right leg aids so every time he bulged to the right I would ask for a right shoulder in until he softened and then I would put him back straight. I find that he really needs the lateral work incorporated into every ride. Not only does it help to get his right hind engaged but it helps me get him truly connected and STRAIGHT.

After I was done riding I made a quick trip to bit of britain to get some fly spray and I saw Syd. She congratulated me on our win this weekend :) Mary Schlachter was there working also and she asked me if I could volunteer this weekend at DVCTA. As long as I don't have to work I'm going to do it, I'll just have to give her a call and let her know tomorrow when I get my schedule.

I had e-mailed Doug Payne a few days ago about some lessons but unfortunately he is too busy to take any students right now. He referred me to Sinead Halpin so I might be schedueling a lesson with her sometime in the near future. I've never met her but I like what I've seen on her website so we shall see. I just want to really work on improving my riding so I can give Freddy the best shot possible at reaching his potential (and mine too of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment